Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thinking of moving my blog to wordpress

Note: Blogger has now changed the way you put photos in and it's much, much better.  You can put captions on them too.


There are also apps that let you post to blogger from an android phone.  Yay!


So thanks Google/Blogger/Blogspot for changing this.


Original post below:

I really want to like blogger, (the service I run this blog through). It's free, and I have had the blog for a couple of years now. I keep hoping they will improve it.

The limitations are huge. Posting photos, you can't move the photos around easily. If you are writing text and I want to put a photo in right where I am writing, it's difficult. That should be easy. However, uploading a new photo puts it at the top of the post. Even though the new photo goes to the top of the post, it should be easy to just drag it down. Not so. The window where you write the post is very small. It's very hard to drag a photo down because there's no room. So I have to upload all the photos in the opposite order I want to use them, before I start writing the text.

Blogger is a Google product. I'm using their own browser, Chrome. It shouldn't be hard like this.

Also, I have an Android phone. It's a Google operating system. It integrates with my gmail account and Google Voice. But it doesn't integrate with blogger. I can edit posts on blogger but I can't take a picture with my phone and upload it to my blog.

However, if I had wordpress, I could do that.

I keep thinking Google will change this. I've talked to a lot of other people who have been frustrated and for several years now I've been thinking it's got to get better. Still waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the move to Wordpress a few years back. Totally worth it.

I like to work offline for writing my posts, and I use Windows Live Writer for that. Lots of options for making your photos look exactly the way you want, and publishes easily to Wordpress blogs.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the input, it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. Now I have one more thing on my to do list - research Wordpress.