Thursday, February 7, 2008

Walking through Syracuse

This is downtown Syracuse, where I have been going quite a lot lately.

The Heart of Syracuse

I got my learner's permit and I've been driving my husband to work downtown every morning, and then walking back home which takes an hour. I bring my camera, there is a lot of old buildings and interesting things to take pictures of on the way.

Tire Up
We had a big thaw and when I walked home on Tuesday I was glad I was wearing my waterproof snow boots because there were huge puddles and mud everywhere.

Unseasonable Thaw

Yesterday it rained all day but today it's snowing big fat fluffy snowflakes and it's really starting to stick. Please, please, please let it snow enough to go skiing in the park this weekend!

There are two main ways I can walk home, either up James Street or up Erie. James has offices, houses and apartments and it has a sidewalk the whole way. Erie is industrial and crumbling, and does not have sidewalks the whole way, sometimes I have to walk on grass or a parking lot or gravel. But I much prefer the Erie route. There's so much interesting stuff to look at.

No comments: