Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Day Trip to Song Lake and Heiberg Forest

On Saturday I went to Song Lake, which is near Tully, NY. The people whose house we were at had a great place, right on the edge of the lake with a dock in their back yard.

We took a walk around the lake and saw some old falling down houses which were a big contrast to the rich fancy homes on the lake:

Falling Down Old House

I would love to go in to a house like that and explore it, but it's probably not very safe between collapsing floors and whoever might be hanging out inside.

Then we went to the Heiberg Forest, where they have lots of trails for walking and cross country skiing. I was sorry I didn't have my skis, though it was late enough that we wouldn't have had much time before it got dark. I couldn't believe how much snow this place had in comparison with Syracuse. I really want to go back there with my skis.


Path in the Snowy Woods

The Heiberg Forest is owned by SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry and is used as a classroom. We saw a maple sugaring area where the trees had tubes connected to them.

No comments: