Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Neighborhood

A Street in Eastwood

This is a street a few blocks away from my house. It looks just like my street, and is very typical of Eastwood.

One thing that's funny about this area, all the older houses have these long driveways with the garage in back. That is fine in the summer, but it's hard in the winter when you have to clear such a long driveway. Didn't they realize that this is not a practical layout? The newer houses all have the garage in front.

I do like the fact that the street is not dominated by big old ugly garage fronts and usually I like a style of neighborhood layout with garages behind the houses, especially if they are accessible from a back alley like they were in Toronto.

Maybe the garages used to be stables which you would want further from your dwelling.

No comments: