Friday, August 7, 2009

Me in our driveway


Me in our driveway, originally uploaded by Melsky.

So tired today.

Mostly I love my job, I enjoy property management and I like helping people find apartments and writing ads. But like any job today was a day where it all went wrong. Sometimes it is very frustrating. It's frustrating to open a refrigerator in an apartment that someone moved out of and a million baby cockroaches run out.

It's frustrating to show up to show people apartments and they don't show up or call. Then the one person who does show up, it's a building where the resident manager changed the locks and didn't give me keys. Of course it's someone who seems like they would be a great tenant, and I can't even get them in to look at it.

It's frustrating to find someone for an apartment who seems really nice and as soon as they move in they start playing music really loud and having lots of coming and going in the building.

Sigh.

Every neighbor in that building has complained about her. The thing is she seemed really nice and was talking about how she wanted to live there and get a job and save up money and how much she loved the apartment and was politely thanking me and the housing advocate for getting her into the apartment. The next thing we know she's calling us up and screaming obscenities.

I had some idea that she was going to be a problem because she wanted to hug me after signing the lease. So far, everyone that has tried to hug me upon signing a lease has turned out to be a big, big problem. Everyone who wanted to hug me after signing the lease has been evicted or is about to be evicted, or has gotten many complaints.

I don't like it when people want to hug me after signing the lease. That makes me so uncomfortable. It's a business transaction. I will hug my friends and family but I don't want to hug people with whom I have a strictly business relationship.

Then I had a lease signing at the end of the day. She tried to hug me!

I am so tired today.

1 comment:

Paul H. said...

"I had some idea that she was going to be a problem because she wanted to hug me after signing the lease."

lol..this line had me laughing.