Friday, May 29, 2009

Two easy summer drinks for hot nights


Sumac, originally uploaded by Melsky.

Wine coolers - three cans of grapefruit soda and one bottle of cheap chardonnay. Mix. That's it! I used to really like bottled wine coolers when they came out - and this one tastes like a California Cooler. Sadly wine coolers in bottles stopped being wine coolers and started being malt beverages! I don't like malt beverages, they give me a headache.

Vodsicle - take a popsickle, the ones with natural fruit juices are the best in my opinion, and put it in a pint glass. Pour one quarter cup vodka over it, and wait until it's melted enough to easily remove the stick. Mash it up and fill the rest of the pint glass with soda. I made these with a tropical fruit popsicle that had chunks of mango in it and used diet lemon lime soda. It was lovely.

1 comment:

Mick said...

Hey! Bartender! :D