Saturday, January 5, 2008

What I'm not doing today: Skiing

First it's super-freaking cold with a nice powdery snow, and I get my hopes up, only to be crushed by a thaw with wet mushy snow and mud. Yuck. I got rained on today.

I took a walk to the grocery store, bringing my camera, and found several interesting houses and a hilarious half melted snowman, only to find that my batteries were out.

This from when we had that big storm in December. I missed a Christmas party but at least we got to ski around our neighborhood and at Sunnycrest park.
Skiing by our house

I really need to go skiing for some exercise. Actually I should just go down to the basement and work on the Nordic Trac. The guy who owns the small gym I go to called and wanted to know where I was! Well, I've been sick, shoveling snow and skiing but I really do need to start lifting weights again and eating right. I was doing really well for a while there. I am going to wait a week or two before going back to the gym because I walked by there the other night and there was a million people in it, probably a lot of new years resolutions folks. I'll go back in the middle of January when the fuss dies down and they're back at home watching TV.

I'm working on a collage/assemblage/mixed media piece with stuff I found on the streets while walking around. The best thing so far is the front plate of an old camera. The working title is Found in Syracuse.

No comments: