Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day Trip to Seneca Lake Wineries for Grapehound Wine Tour

The Grapehounds Wine Tour is a fundraising event for Greyhound rescue. Greyhound racing is not kind to dogs (to put it mildly) and they need to receive vet treatment and find loving homes afterwards.

Participants are given a goodie bag of greyhound related items, a special wine glass with greyhounds on it, 6 tickets for wine tastings and a map of the participating wineries.

I wish I could caption the photos on this page but Blogger really doesn't make it easy to post more than one photo and do a good layout. So below are photos of the gardens in various wineries. Greyhounds all lay down like the one in that photo. I call it the fossil position. The photo that looks like a giant clarinet is the equipment at the Seneca Lake Liquor Distillery.

As usual, my camera was out of batteries. I've had several Kodak cameras and bought them because they had the best battery life. I'm always taking photos for my blog and for real estate, and it's important to have a camera always ready. Sadly this latest model needs to be charged every single day. So I end up taking a lot of photos with my smartphone, which is not a great camera.




















No comments: