Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day


St Patrick's day is a big holiday here in Syracuse. We have a lot of people of Irish ancestry, mostly 3rd and 4th generation. Last Saturday the St Patrick's parade was held and I went for the first time (last 2 years I was sick!) I enjoyed it except for one thing, I was not dressed warmly enough! We had a week of mild sunny springlike weather and I was fooled into thinking that it would be a little warmer than it was. It was windy and rainy and my hands got very cold! Next year I am wearing a hat, huge coat and gloves.

I did walk to the parade from my house which I enjoyed. It's only 1.7 miles.

I didn't take any photos at all of the parade! Now I wish I did. I took a few on the way there though. My favorite thing in the parade was all the bagpipe bands.

Anyway, happy St Patrick's Day. Please don't drink too much and if you do please don't barf on my lawn.

No comments: