Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fractured Summer


Fractured Summer, originally uploaded by Melsky.

I used to be mostly a painter, that's how I made my living for several years. But lately I've been a busy, busy rental agent. When I started doing real estate I didn't have time to paint. The creative stuff I did was mostly photographs. Now I'm getting back into painting. This is the first painting I've finished in a long time! I started it in mid-summer and just kind of neglected it for a while. Now I'm working on two more and I've resolved that they won't take me so long this time. I have a lot of sketches for some Syracuse themed paintings that I hope to start painting soon.

I've also resolved to start blogging more regularly. Time really flies when you have a blog. I thought this morning that I hadn't written in my blog for a couple of weeks and when I looked it has been a month and a half!


In other news, most of the fall colors are gone - many more trees are bare than have fall leaves on them. It's getting colder and soon we will start with the snow.

I'm going to paint again soon - actually I'm painting a porch! But that is for my work. I promised someone the porch would be painted and if I paint it myself I know it will be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm wondering if you do any landscape paintings of Upstate NY in winter?

I've been searching without much luck but love your photos and wonder if do similar work in paint.

Please let me know. You can reach me at crystalbprince@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Crystal