Thursday, September 4, 2008

Five Birds


Five Herons, originally uploaded by Melsky.

Probably Herons or Cormorants. This photo was taken while I was kayaking on Beaver Lake. I enjoyed it a lot and would like to go back. Sadly I went on the last day they rent boats there for the year - it stops on Labor Day. But I will be back to walk on the paths around the lake.

Here at home my garden is in great form. I'm getting a lot of tomatoes and yesterday I made a wonderful tomato vegetable soup with some of the slightly too ripe ones. My sunflowers are blooming. On of them is 8 feet 10 inches tall! The stem is two inches across.

It's supposed to be hot today but I can tell fall is coming. Some of the trees are changing. I'd like some cooler weather but no frost until my pumpkins are ready.

No comments: